Sunday 13 March 2011

Sometimes you need to roll around in your sadness

 

Declan O'Rourke - Everything Is Different


Where there was a cool breeze,
There is just a cold wind
Where there was a blue sea,
Everything is frozen
And where there was a sunset,
There is only darkness.
Everything is different. Everything is different.

And where she kissed my fingers,
There is only longing
Where my heart was tender,
There is only bruising.
And where she filled my reason,
There is just this feeling, that
Everything is different. Everything is different.

And sure that I did all the things I should,
To keep our love alive, and I really thought I could.
So sure that I did all the things I should.
Oh I wish my heart,
I wish my weary heart was only made of wood.

For where there once was magic,
There will be illusion
And where there was no question,
Only thoughts and reasons
And where I saw my kingdom,
There will just be treason.
Everything is different, Absolutely everything is different now.

Declan O'Rourke's website - a truly amazing voice and very curly hair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you've enjoyed reading Ruby's blog then please sign up to Ruby's News for freebies, advance review copies of upcoming novels and occasional updates. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment